Pages

Friends Aren't Always What They Appear To Be

        Tanya's Misjudgement 

Tanya and Greg have been friends since kindergarten. They've always had each other's back, and almost never disappointed each other. But a few months ago, Tanya began to hang around the wrong crowd. She began to change and she didn't even know it.

Tanya : Look leave me alone and stay out of my business. I'm tired of you telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing.
Greg : I'm just trying to help you. Ever since you started hanging out with Jessica and her friends, you've been dissing me and you responsibilities.

Just when Tanya was about to answer, Jessica pulled up in her brand new Lexus that her parent bought her.

Jessica :  Hey Tanya ! Come on we're going to go hang out at the mall.

Even though Tanya really wanted to go hang out, she didn't have that kind of money. Her parents took out a lot of loans that they couldn't afford to pay back.

Tanya : I would love to, but I don't have any money right now.
Jessica : Don't worry about about, we'll take care of that.
Tanya : Really, thanks.

In a flash, Greg grabbed Tanya's arm and pulled her to the side

Greg : You're not really going to let her pay for everything are you ?
Tanya : Sure why not ?
Greg : Jessica isn't the type of person to start handing out friendly offers.
Tanya : You don't know her like I do. She's harmless. Now will you please let me go so I can leave.

Even though Greg was hurt, he couldn't stop her from making her own decision.
 

At the mall, Tanya was trying to figure out what shirt she wanted to get.

Tanya : Hey Jessica, which blouse do you think I should get ?
Jessica : Just get them both. Here just give them to me and I'll handle it.

Before Tanya knew it, Jessica ripped the tags off and stuffed the blouses in her over sized purse.

Tanya : What in the world are you doing ?
Jessica : Look I got in trouble and my parents took my credit card. This is the only way I'm going to get what I want. Your not gonna snitch are you ?
Tanya : I'm just scared of getting caught. 
Jessica : We're not gonna get caught trust me.

Little did they know that there were cameras hidden in the store. The police caught them on camera and decided to follow them back to Jessica's house. Once they got in and got comfortable, the doorbell rang. Jessica's dad answered the door.

Dad : Umm hi officer what can I help you with ?
Officer : We caught those girls stealing clothes out of the store.
Jessica : I had nothing to do with this. It was Tanya's idea. She told me that she didn't have any money and the only way she would get something is if she stole it from the store.
Tanya : Are you serious....
Officer : No need to argue. We caught you both on camera but only the one who is lying was caught stealing.
Dad : Thanks Officer. I think I can take it from here. Jessica got to your room me and your mom will deal with you later. Tanya I am very disappointed in you. But I will keep this between you and me.
Tanya : Oh thank you ....
Dad : If you clean the pool for a week.
Tanya : Done. Thank you so much.

Even though Tanya was happy that her parents didn't have to know, she was still sad because of the way she treated Greg. He was her only friend and she hoped he still was. She was glad when Greg answered the phone.

Greg : Hey 
Tanya : Hi. I wanted to apologize for not treating you right earlier. Jessica turned out to be a slime and I never should have went to the mall with her.
Greg : I tried to warn you.
Tanya : I know and I should have listened. I just wanted to know if we were still friends.
Greg : Of course. I'm not going to diss you just because you made one bad mistake.
Tanya : Thanks. Well its getting late so I'll see you tomorrow at school.
Greg : See ya.

0 Teen Talk:

Post a Comment