Pages

TAMING THE TONGUE

I think that taming the tongue is one of the hardest things for us teenagers to control. A lot of times we try to say the smartest or meanest thing to someone but we don't consider the other person's feelings.

I just recently had that problem with taming the tongue because someone was putting my sister down and trying to call her out. I didn't necessarily want to hurt the girl's feelings, but I wanted her to realize what she said wasn't helping the situation. It was hilarious because I couldn't figure out the right words to say until I had gotten home. ( Don't you just hate that!!) I know a lot of us have had this experience. I told my mom and she told me that God didn't want me to speak when I wanted to speak. I do believe that because I didn't just want to tell her that her comment was unnecessary, I wanted to bring her out like she did my sister. I had to realize that if I did what she did, then I wouldn't have any room to correct her.



The Bible tells us that the tongue can be a blessing or a curse. It also says that life and death is in the power of the tongue. God knows that the tongue isn't always easy for us to control.

James 3:8 ~ "but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil full of deadly poison."

The only way to control the tongue is through God. Every morning when we wake up, we should say  "Father, tame my tongue so it brings life and healing". If we say this every day, then we are guaranteed to see it happen.

PS: ~ ( Post Secret ) ~ Remember that whatever we put inside of us, it will eventually come out. If we are always listening and watching negative things, then that will eventually come out. So if we start putting positive things into us, then positive things will come out, and it will make it easier to tame the tongue.

0 Teen Talk:

Post a Comment