Pages

The Right Thing

Tanya Tested

Tanya and Alexis have been friends since kindergarten and now they're in tenth grade. But ever since she started dating her boyfriend Jordan, she's been acting really weird and Tanya is determined to figure out what is going on. So she called Alexis on Saturday morning and see if she wanted to hang out.

Tanya : Hey Alexis. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall later?
Alexis : Um... I'm not feeling good right now, maybe we can hang out another time.

Tanya hears yelling in the background.

Tanya : Wait Alexis! Who is ...
Alexis : Look Tanya I have to go, I'll see you later.

Something seemed strange about Alexis's voice and Tanya didn't know if she should talk to someone about it or not. Since Tanya isn't the type of person who can keep secrets, she decided to tell her friend Greg that Monday.
Tanya found Greg at her locker and was eager to tell him what she knew.

Greg : Hey Tanya what's up?
Tanya : Um I think there's something wrong with Alexis, she's been acting strange. And every time I ask her to hang out with me, she always has an excuse.
Greg : I know what you mean. Ever since she started dating Jordan, I don't see her around much anymore, and if I do, she's with him.
Tanya : Exactly! Something is wrong, and you're going to help me figure out what it is. Now after school tomorrow, we should ...
Greg : Wait a minute, when did I get involved in this. Maybe she's just going through some family problems, maybe she just needs time to herself.
Tanya : And maybe she's in some serious trouble. We have to got to her house after school tomorrow and figure out what's going on.

After school the next day, Tanya and Greg decided to pay Alexis a visit. They were both very nervous because they didn't know what to expect.
As they were walking toward the house, they heard a loud screaming noise coming from inside the house. Once they got closer, it sounded as if someone was throwing things against the wall.

Tanya : OMG! What should we do?
Greg : I don't know but if we don't do something fast, it'll be too late.
Tanya : Okay we'll open the door on three.
Greg and Tanya : 1,2,3.....

When Greg and Tanya opened the door, the only thing they saw were things broken and messed up. Tables were turned over, and chairs and pictures were broken. It took them a moment to realize that it had gotten really quiet . Out of nowhere Jordan jumped on Greg's back.

Tanya screaming : Greg ! Oh my goodness.

Tanya saw Greg flip Jordan on his back and she began frantically searching for Alexis.
Tanya found Alexis crying in the corner of the kitchen. As she got closer, she noticed that Alexis had a black eye.

Tanya : Alexis are you okay ?
Alexis : Yeah I'm fine you guys should just leave. I'm fine, really.
Tanya : How can you be fine if you have a black eye ? I'm calling the police.
Alexis : No please it'll only make things worse. Look I'm okay it doesn't even hurt that bad.
Tanya : No. Alexis he hurt you and you don't even care.
Alexis : I can't believe you would do this to me I told you me and Jordan are fine it was just an accident. I will never trust you again.
Tanya : You know what Alexis, I don't care if you never trust me again or ever speak to me again. Your health and well being is more important than any of that. I'm just trying to say that no matter what you do for the sake of your health, I'm calling the police.

Within a few minutes, the police arrived at Alexis's house. Jordan went to jail, and Tanya and Alexis didn't speak for two weeks. But when they did, it was at school at Tanya's locker.

Alexis : Hey um, I just wanted to thank you for helping me even though I was being difficult. And also I'm sorry for yelling at you, I was just scared.
Tanya: It's OK. Everybody makes mistakes, I'm just glad that we're still friends.
Alexis : Yeah, lets promise to let nothing else like that get between us again.

0 Teen Talk:

Post a Comment